Born in Austin and raised in Sealy, Josh grew up the son of an attorney and English teacher. Dreading the thought of a “normal” job after college, Josh joined the Marine Corps where he served for six years before beginning law school.
After law school, Josh began his legal career as a litigation associate in a large downtown Houston law firm working primarily in commercial and construction litigation.
After a few years as a solo attorney in Houston, Josh and his family decided to return to small town life. They moved to Brenham where Josh continued handling civil litigation focusing on disputes involving real estate. At the same time, Josh began handling family law matters.
Josh has handled all phases of a civil dispute from the initial demand to a trial before a jury. Additionally, Josh handles civil disputes referred to arbitration as well as select appeals.
While advising his clients of their legal options, Josh focuses his clients on the practical aspects of their case.
- South Texas College of Law, J.D., 2004, Cum Laude
- United State Marine Corps, 1995 – 2001
- University of Texas, B.A., 1994
- All Texas State Trial and Appellate Courts
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Certified Mediator
- State Bar of Texas - Member
- State Bar of Texas Litigation Section - Member
- Federal Bar Association
- Washington County Bar Association - Member (past President and Treasurer)
- Washington County Chamber of Commerce